Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2015

ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE

Wow!  I really wanted to like this film.  On a positive note, it is beautiful to look at and the music is trance-inducing and mystical.  But writer/director Jim Jarmusch should've called this effort "Dullest Vampires Left Alive".  Almost nothing happens in the movie that is unique or note-worthy –– or maybe I just missed the poignant insight buried in the subtleties.  What I didn't miss, however, is that this story is simply a bland portrait of just how boring a vampire couple's life can be in the modern world.  And worst of all, they make it that way for themselves.  Not to mention the viewer –– me –– uhggggg.  I can't recommend this one, unless you want to have a nice nap while a movie plays out.

Movie Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment