Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Well, what can I say...my overwhelming, fanboy lust for MARGOT ROBBIE finally got the best of me and I went to see THE LEGEND OF TARZAN at the cheap morning show today. (Also, I simply needed to get out of my house after being locked up for a week.)

I have to admit, I rather enjoyed the movie, in spite of the critics panning it for being wordy, nothing new, and a bit dull.  The film certainly looks amazing, the costumes are outstanding, the CG architecture, jungle & animals are perfect––and so is MARGOT ROBBIE (Jane), who needs no CG at all. Nonetheless, she and ALEXANDER SKARSGARD (Lord Greystoke/Tarzan; and eldest son of supreme actor STELLAN SKARSGARD) do get CGed younger for several flashbacks, which tell the genesis of Tarzan and Jane as the film progresses.
CHRISTOPHER WALTZ is very good as the villain (his current typecasting), and SAMUEL JACKSON is, well, the usual Sam Jackson streetwise character that he plays most of the time these days (even though it's the late 1800s).


Over all, THE LEGEND OF TARZAN is a worthy morning matinee, popcorn-munching movie that will give you a flick-fix to satisfy your craving for a little INDIANA JONES, KING KONG, THE JUNGLE BOOK, and HATARI (big game stampedes are a fine weapon).


Maybe not the best movie in the world, but I enjoyed it––always hoping for a stampede of MARGOT ROBBIES! Ah, what a way to go.


Enjoy the TARZAN trailer here:

No comments:

Post a Comment