Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

COMING SOON!

THE VINTAGE BOOKSHOP @ Texas POĒtrope!
 

Poe, Stoker, Shelley, Verne, Wells, Rohmer, Washington, Swift and More:

"For me, discovering and owning an old book is more than simply buying an item or product or thing, it's like taking hold of a piece of time that I can put my hands on and absorb. An old book is a bit of enlightenment and warmth that I can speculate on, wondering what roads it has traveled and what lives it has seen unfold before it and around it. The presence of an old book––in my room, on a shelf, or thoughtfully placed in a stack or displayed on a table––is a tangible bit of history that has been a part of someone's life, which has wound its way through existence and finally found its way into mine. And then, at least for a while, I'm allowed to become a part of its perpetuity, that ultimately will transcend my own expiration, and pass on to another. Another who I hope will appreciate sharing its life and journey as much as I did. An old book is an entity unto itself, and worth more than the words, wisdom, and worlds between its covers;
because an old book is telling its own story––with its scrapes, and scuffs, and scars––and in its own very unique way."––Christopher Alan Broadstone

No comments:

Post a Comment