Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2015

WELCOME TO STAR WARS DAY ON FISHING FOR AVOCADOS!

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015 –– In Theaters)

Saw the film yesterday! Woohoo! And loved it! But what can I really say about it? Almost nothing, because nearly every scene reveals what would be a spoiler. In other words, SPOILER ALERT HIGH and in a BIG WAY on this movie!

What I will say is you get many new characters, the film looks stunning, and the audio is spectacular. THE FORCE AWAKENS does have a brand new feel from word go, but when the Millennium Falcon appeared I got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye and all the feelings I had about the original STAR WARS movie flooded over me. The sense and longing for the nostalgic was great in my heart and THE FORCE AWAKENS delivers on that eloquently. It's old school and new school melded perfectly.

One of my great fears, however, was that Darth Vader was dead (killed, killed, killed beyond resurrection in RETURN OF THE JEDI) and I wondered how George Lucas would fill that void in this new film. Let's just say it was a bit of a slow burn on that front, for me, but the filmmakers soon enough delivered something brand new and unexpected –– and ultimately satisfying.

If you loved the original STAR WARS franchise, go see THE FORCE AWAKENS, you won't be disappointed. You'll cheer, you'll laugh, you'll be shocked (screaming NO, NO, NO, NOT THAT!), and you might just shed a few tears.  Again, go see it.  George Lucas has delivered us all a spectacular Christmas gift.

Enjoy the trailer here:


No comments:

Post a Comment