Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015


WHAT TO DO ON CHRISTMAS?

Hmmmmmmm...what to do on Christmas 2015...that's a big question this year.  I don't mean for this to be a sad post.  But I will be alone this Christmas, so I must decide in advance on a plan of action to keep myself out of my grim, dark house.

Of course, the answer is really very easy for me.  Go to the theater –– or theater hop –– and spend the day at the movies on a marathon binge.  I hope to see THE REVENANT (Leonardo DiCaprio) and THE HATEFUL EIGHT (new Tarantino –– that will probably just get on my nerves).  Sadly both films are in limited release on Xmas Day, so no telling if I can find them.  Nonetheless, I will make a heartfelt effort.  And on that note, let me say something about my heart.  I won't really be alone, because my family will be hiding in there.  I'll also have the thrill of knowing I'll be seeing them for New Year's; me arriving on the 28th for a two week rest and recreation period before the utter hell of 2016 really hits in full force.  And it will be hitting hard this year.

That being said, I wanted to share a little music that means Christmas to me.  The first song is SALLY'S SONG from THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.  This isn't the original film version, but a re-imagining by singer/pianist AMY LEE.  Hope you enjoy.

To wrap up these T-Burton-esque emotions, are two pieces of music by DANNY ELFMAN, from the film EDWARD SCISSORHANDS.  This movie, to me, is truly the best and most pure of all TIM BURTON films.  The marriage of quirky humor, heartfelt emotion, and cinematic beauty is unparalleled in his work.  Enjoy the Elfman score ICE DANCE (with Winona Ryder & Johnny Depp) and THE GRAND FINALE.

MERRY (if not a bit melancholy) CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!

***AND ALWAYS REMEMBER...(if you aren't already on my blog page) EVERYTHING LOOKS BETTER and YOU CAN WATCH VIDEO/LISTEN TO MUSIC DIRECTLY ON MY BLOG PAGE.  Just click here and enjoy: http://blackcabproductions.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment