Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

 –– 'HNM' MUSIC NEWS ––


We had the good fortune of connecting with Stewart Eastham and we’ve shared our conversation below.

Hi Stewart, what inspires you?
To sum it up in a single word: Everything. Everything inspires me. Sometimes I find inspiration in the most obvious places and other times in places you would never think.

As a film composer I listen to a lot of soundtrack music. But I also listen to alot of music across genres. Everything from modern hip-hop (Kendrick Lamar) to old school country (George Jones). (Currently I’m in a prog rock phase.) Sometimes just one little sound on a record will inspire me. Sometimes just the tone of a particular sound. I’ll hear a tone and then imagine some other instrument having that tonal quality. Other times it’s just sounds of the world around me that inspire: a car making a strange sound as it drives down my street; the musical quality of two people screaming at each other in the Burger King drive-through next door.

Every word I hear can be a lyrical inspiration. Sometimes a seemingly banal turn of phrase on a talk show might metamorphose into a poetic lyric. Plenty of lines out of my father’s mouth have made their way into my songs.

Especially when working on more ambient music, I can be very inspired by a visual. Not just the visuals of a film, but the visuals in the world around me. The mixing of colors in a sunset can inspire the blending of sounds in a more abstract piece. The blinking of a traffic signal might kick off a rhythm inside my mind...

Read the rest of the interview here:
https://bit.ly/3hspMw0




Enjoy ‘THE CALAMUS’ Official MUSIC VIDEO
From The 'HNM' Original Motion Picture Soundtrack!
https://youtu.be/IqqbEZ9B7NE





Listen To Samples & Grab Yours!
https://bit.ly/3ioG8X0






Please Visit Texas POEtrope
 

1 comment:

  1. Sentry insurance is a well-reputed platform that has been providing multiple insurances to those who have big plans.

    ReplyDelete