Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2016

I just received some very sad news. TRACY CROCKETT, a truly long time fan, reviewer, fellow Texan and friend, has died of congestive heart failure. He was only in his 40s. And just over a year ago, he lost his mother, which was very hard on him. We had a long talk back then about his loss and how my new short story (at the time), "Note-To-Self", had helped him to understand and deal with the untimely death of his mother. My character in the story was also suffering severely from the tragic loss of his own mother. His statements to me (and there were many over the years), made me again feel that my writing had value more than as simply another tale. And I will always thank him for that.

I won't forget you, Tracy. You were a great fan, reviewer, supporter, and friend. Wherever you are, I hope you have found peace at long last. I know it was a difficult life for you these previous many years. You will be missed by myself and the horror community. Farewell. :(

Tracy on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/necro.stein?pnref=story

No comments:

Post a Comment