Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

From 6.12.15 –– It's Feast Frenzy @ The Horror Food Network!

For dinner last night I made what I call my Diced, Torn & Broken Leftover Salad. I call it that for two reasons: 1) because no matter how hard I try to make a small salad it always comes out to be more than I can eat. And 2) everything in it is either diced, torn, or broken. Regarding the latter, ingredients are: fresh spinach (torn), broccoli (torn), red/yellow bell peppers (diced), white & portobello mushrooms (broken), cilantro (diced), tomato (diced), red onion (diced), cucumber (diced), and oven roasted turkey (98% fat free slices diced). All spiced with garlic, oregano, basil, Texas Gunpowder –– then dressed with a canola/virgin olive oil mix, tangy balsamic vinegar, and a sweeter 25 Dark Star balsamic vinegar (to add that special flavor and a little class). Toppings are: shredded parmesan & sharp cheddar, sliced black olives, and a tiny nest of pimento-stuffed olives dusted with cayenne. It was excellent! And I have left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment