Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015


A friend turned me onto a new musical artist, Elle King, in a recent Facebook post.  I quickly decided I really liked her tunes.

A bit of trivia: Elle King is comedian Rob Schneider's daughter. Oddly enough, my first all-original band ABOUT 9 TIMES was the closing act for comedian Dennis Miller at a show in Dallas, way back when. I hung out before the gig, chatting with the comedian who was opening for Dennis Miller on his tour.   A really nice guy.  His name was Rob Schneider.  Alas, I again brush elbows with the up-and-coming, yet I just spin my tires.  Or when traction does take, I usually just rocket straight toward an immovable wall.  Love the lyrics to Elle's song LAST DAMN NIGHT.  In many ways I've lived my life this way, but in other ways I haven't lived this way enough.  Maybe that's my problem. Hmmmm...

LAST DAMN NIGHT:
So, I'm gonna live my life like it's my last damn night
Cause when the clock strikes twelve, we're all gonna go to hell
Said "I'm gonna live my life like it's my last damn night!"

Enjoy  some Elle King.

LAST DAMN NIGHT:

WHERE THE DEVIL DON'T GO:

No comments:

Post a Comment