Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2016


ALL NEW from Feast Frenzy @ The Horror Food Network!

I was wishing the blazing summer would go away, so I concocted some wintertime food.  The result?  SPICY TURKEY SAUSAGE & PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SOUP!

First I started grilling two large Jenny-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausages on my NuWave Oven.  Then, in a large saucepan I poured one 15oz can of organic red kidney beans and one 8oz can of tomato sauce (no salt added)––next I added sliced baby Portobello mushrooms, shredded carrots, diced red onions, one each of finely-diced Habanero pepper, Serrano pepper, and jalapeno pepper.  Then I spiced all with 50/50 lite salt, oregano, basil & paprika, and brought the soup to a boil.

Once the sausages were done at 165-degrees, I cut the links into thick slices and marinated for 5 minutes in Worcestershire sauce & Tabasco Sauce, then added them to the boiling soup.  Bringing the stove fire way down, I simmered the soup––stirring regularly––for 20 minutes.  When all was mixed well and piping hot, I ladled into a soup bowl and garnished with fresh shredded carrots, chives, sliced black olives, and shred Parmesan cheese.  On the side: Nature's Harvest 40-calorie Multi-grain bread with Smart Balance Omega-3 butter and sprinkled with basil.  This was soooooooo delicious!  Summer, summer go away!  Come on winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment